If you delete an order for which a deposit exists, the deposit remains in the system until you either issue a refund, or apply the deposit to another order.
To move all or a portion of the deposit money from the deleted order to a new order for that customer, do the following:
- Access the new order via Enter a Sales Order.
- On the Payment tab, click the Action button at the Payments field to access the Payment Summary window.
- Click the Actions button at the bottom of the Payment Summary window and select Deposit Maintenance.
- Select the order from the grid. (Order number is preceded by D*, indicating the order has been deleted.)
- Enter the amount of deposit being moved in Amount to Take, and optionally enter Reason text.
- Click Add and then click Save.
- The Payment Summary window now lists the deposit money you moved to the current order.