How Can I Configure WAN GroupVPN On SonicWall To Connect Using Global VPN Client Using Wizard?
06/21/2021 141 32974
SonicWall has the functionality to allow remote users to connect to the network behind SonicWall using global VPN client software using IPSEC VPN protocol.
This article focuses on the configuration of WAN Group VPN settings on the SonicWall appliance so that a remote computer can access the corporate network behind the SonicWall using the Public IP 126.96.36.199.
Configure WAN group VPN on the SonicWall appliance
- Login to the SonicWall management GUI.
- Click QUICK CONFIGURATION.
- Select VPN Guide and click Next.
- Select WAN Group VPN and click Next.
- Select Use this preshared key, click Next.
- Select the options for the security settings and click Next.
- Select Enable User Authentication and select Trusted Users from the drop down list.
- Select Use Virtual IP Adapter and click Next.
- Click Apply .
- Click Close to update the configuration.
Configure DHCP over VPN
- Navigate to MANAGE| VPN |DHCP over VPN, select Central Gateway from the drop down.
- Click Configure. The DHCP over VPN Configuration window is displayed.
- Select Use Internal DHCP Server if SonicWall is the DHCP server.Check the For Global VPN Client checkbox to use the DHCP Server for Global VPN clients.
|If you want to send DHCP requests to specific servers,
select Send DHCP requests to the server addresses listed below.
Type the IP addresses of DHCP servers in the IP Address field,
Click OK.The SonicWall security appliance now directs DHCP requests to the
Configure User Accounts
- Navigate to MANAGE | Users | Local Users & Groups, select Local Users and click Add.
- Under the settings tab give the desired name and password.
- Navigate to the Groups Tab , user should be member of trusted users.
- Navigate to VPN access tab , select the subnet that the user need to access.
NOTE:If you want GVC users to access VPN networks, add them to Access List section.
- Click OK
How to Test: Using GVC software installed on the remote computer to connect to the corporate network.
- Install the latest GVC software version on the User’s PC.
NOTE: The latest GVC software version can be downloaded from the SonicWall VPN Clients page.
- Launch GVC, click New Connection.
- Input the WAN IP Address or Domain Name of the SonicWall that the User it VPN connecting to.
- Click on the new connection that is created and click Enable.
- When prompted, enter the Preshared Secret for the connection, as well as the Username and Password.
- After entering the Username and Password the adapter will try to acquire an IP Address and then change to Connected status.